Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rhainnon, Rhiannon, Rhiannon, socks...

Weren't you tired of me saying Rhiannon?

Seems like it's all I talk about these days.

I finished another motif at Knit night in Lake O last night, forgot to take a picture until darkness set in, and continued on to the next repeat of the motif. Tonight, when I get home, I will clear off a bit of table, and take a pic to show you. This thing is a monster.

But it does not take up all of my time.

Had great fun at Knit night. We had a group of about 20 people, and to be honest, we really seem to deserve the name "Cackle Shack". We all had a wonderful time, and even in all the confusion, I was able to knit about 10 rows. Then I came home and knit another few--

What gets me is why this particular article takes so long to knit a motif? I mean, it's only a 72 row repeat over 130 stitches! I should be able to do this in my sleep by now. If I can put out a dishcloth of 45 stitches and 60 rows out in an evening, I should be able to do this 72 row repeat in a little over 2 times the time...

And I suppose that's how it's working out, really. In two and a bit evenings, I can get that motif done. It just SEEMS like it goes slower, I guess. I'd just like to see it go WAY faster, so that I could get on to other more advanced (listen to me!) projects, like an estonian shawl--perhaps the Princess Shawl...maybe finish the fair-isle sweater--which would come in really handy right now (It's dipped down into the low 30's the last couple of nights, and hubby is adamant about not turning on the heat until November.), or some socks..yes, something easy like plain jane, ordinary stockinette socks--perhaps for my next work project after this dishcloth.

Yes, folks, I have started a stash at the office...a project stash of 1--the Lake O Knit night has a weekly dishcloth knit along, and this particular project is a maple leaf (fall themed). I'm doing the cloth in white, and thinking that I might dye it somehow in fall colors--maybe a batik-resist--because I only want to dye the leaf--not the whole cloth. It's something that I have to think about.

In the other times, I blog, I work, I do a little housework here and there, let the dog outside, feed the cats, feed the dog, and occasionally, I take a shower whether I need to or not. And while hubby is snoring, a star in the daytime drama, The OLD and the SENSELESS, I am carrying on. In my snuggie, I type my blog thinking about preparing for a trip to the office to make myself crazy.

And then I sigh and type a line or two more, because I'm really not interested in getting ready for work.

Funny thing happened yesterday..not funny "haha" but funny strange--I woke up at 3am to the sound of a cat screaming not just once but three times! Is it time for kitty heat? It didn't scream again, but I couldn't sleep after that. So I got up and knit again--you guessed it--on Rhiannon.

I'm hoping that it was just Gabby and the little guy--that maybe my step son brought the little kitten in so that he wouldn't freeze to death. Sadly, that would have been something of a mistake on his part, but kittens could be in his future if he did. However, I'm hesitant to call and ask, because if he did, it was a really bad decision, and if he didn't, it is a really bad decision. He has to get Gabby spayed and he has to get little guy neutered. It's only $25 to get him done down at the Humane Society, and only $50 to have her done. I think it's the BEST BUY of the CENTURY!

So I'm hoping that he gets it done soon. Little guy will freeze out in the barn. I'm so worried about him these days that have been so darn cold!

No comments: