Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back to work!

It seems like I just left, and now I'm here again! I worked late last night to make up some time I missed going to the doctors yesterday, and ended up staying until 7pm, which got me home about 7:30ish...so it's no wonder that I'm feeling like I just left.

Beyond that, I really don't have any serious, pressing things to do this morning, which is unsettling. I suppose that I will do the job that I've been putting off for months.

Ew.

Today, I pick up my kilt at the cleaners and take it back to the place from whence it came. I dropped off my car at the oil-change place, and they will handle that--I pick up my vehicle after work, head for the cleaners, then go pick up Ray to go to band practice for the last time for a while. I don't know, I might pick it up again as something to do in the fall--but only if I see a dramatic drop in gas prices.

Okay, I guess I'm never going back, am I?

It's going to be a scorcher today, too, and I'm pretty happy that I don't work outdoors. I'm not sure how some people handle that. There's a new building going up outside my office window, and the men working on the building work more slowly by degrees as the temperature rises. Sort of like how crickets chirp faster the hotter it is outside.

I wonder how many crickets there are living in Arizona about now?

Somehow, I can imagine that crickets in Arizona either do not make any noise at all because it's simply too hot, or there's just no way for them to survive and so there aren't any there, or that they make so much noise that people become sleep deprived from noise pollution.

Since I've never been there, I guess I can't comment on it, but it's something else to think about when my brain is nearly mush--oh, did I tell you that the doctor put me on Lyrica? This stuff makes me seriously loopy! Does it show?

Stop looking at me!

Well, I have some things to finalize here, and then I'm FREE.

Okay, scratch that, I'm not free, nor am I cheap. And since my husband says I'm not easy, I suppose I'm not much good for anything. Guess I'll get started on my day!

No comments: