Thursday, June 5, 2008

Redwings Take the Stanley!

Not normally being a sports nut (and neither is my husband), and usually the person who changes the channel when any sort of sport comes on the set, at Alma, my friend Sharon, turned me on to the hockey playoffs. I've been watching the groove tube specifically for hockey since...

Enough, at least to watch the last game of the series between the Detroit Wings and the Pittsburgh Penguins...anyway.

Last night's game was a hoot. I had to call my girlfriend to discuss the last Redwing goal with her. I called my brother and he'd been out of the house, so he didn't know about it.

I still think that the MVP award should have gone to the Penguin's goalie--Fleury--since he put in their winning goal to win the game AND the series.

Sit on the puck. Sit right on the puck. Just let it squeeze between the ice and a cold buttcheek, and make the goal for the Redwings.

Fleury will never live that down.

-----

In parent news, mom is doing well, but she is black and blue and sore. My brother tells me that he called our father last night to find out if he maintained any life insurance on our mom, and of course, the answer was "no". Apparently, he has had a stroke. My brother said that paybacks are hell, and you reap what you sew. Um, I would say that's probably true. Someday, will have to remind myself to write about my father, but things are pretty happy right now, so I don't feel like it.

-----

Someone asked on my comments why I'm coming to Canada--why, to compete! Flint Scottish Pipe Band is coming to Georgetown, Cambridge, Chatham and Fergus (and a few others if I'm not mistaken) to compete in the highland games there for Champion Supreme. If one of those is near you, please come!

-----

I dreamed about my husband having an affair with another man. Somehow, I think it would have been easier to take if it had been an affair with a woman--this dream just made me sick!

Tarot card for the day:

Odd.
Once again, the Ace of Cups Reversed! Last time, it had to do with my friend Ray Croisant, I think. I believe he thinks that I'm breaking his heart. I'm not. I am trying to encourage him to do what he needs to do to make himself happy, while I pursue the things that make me happy. Right now, that pursuit is with the Flint Scottish Pipe Band, so that's where I'm staying.

Take care everyone, and enjoy the weather, as it's going to be a no sweater Thursday!

1 comment:

The Knitted Squirrel said...

I am glad that you are safe from the storms and that not too much was damaged.
I am not able to attend the Georgetown Games this weekend as my daughter is performing at the Canadian Military Tattoo in Hamilton, maybe the next one I can get out and meet you. Good luck at the competition! I wish you well.