Saturday, June 7, 2008

TStorms and Tnados!

Oh yeah, weather out this way was bad--a tornado jumped over our house and then landed again just south of St. Johns. We've got limbs down on the power lines and one barn was destroyed.

Otherwise, we are healthy and safe today. We are hot and humid, so I have windows open so the breeze can pass through for some relief. I drove to McDonald's for breakfast and found out that the lights were out at the four corners--thank goodness we still have our lights, or I wouldn't be blogging!

Next weekend, I will be in Canada/Georgetown--for those who would like to know. I have no idea where the festival will be held or how to get there, and I have to stay a few miles from the town, so I am unsure where I'm supposed to be and when yet. So I'm checking my work email to see if there is anything related to it. Nope, nothing yet.

I've got all my passport information ready again--it's now in a black binder and ready to go. I have to reserve a room at the motel 6 and I'll be ready to go. I'll have my car packed and ready to go by Thursday evening, and will head out directly after work...fill up my tank in Port Huron and then head over the bridge.

In the meanwhile, I'm trying to clean up a few things in the house. It's hot, so I really feel more like sleeping, but I need to get some things in order. For instance, since I can't knit right now, most of the yarn I've collected could go in bins and be taken downstairs for the time being. The same goes for all my knitting books and patterns. Hubby has been squawking about them for weeks now, and I must admit, I am taking up a lot of space doing nothing.

sigh...

I'm supposed to play in the Grade III competition in 3 weeks. This wouldn't be a problem, except that I don't have any music for the set--either piping or drumming--so I may opt out unless someone gets me the music.

Other than that, not much is happening--except the usual--the dog is chasing the cats around the house and going crazy when the neighbor dog comes into the yard.

No comments: