Monday, June 23, 2008

Bloggin' on my Break Time!

Today, I opt to blog a little earlier than normal, as I'm going to be quite busy this afternoon, taking my mother to the doctor to investigate the possibility of getting a knee replacement. She's concerned about falling, so this is a big priority for her, and since she isn't getting around as well as she used to (and she's pretty feisty!), she's angry about her "incapacitated" status, and wants to be able to walk herself down to the corner store now and then to get "this 'n that".

Band practice yesterday was a bust. There were only 5 pipers and 2 snares (plus the Drum Major), and I was the only tenor. It would appear that I'm not the only one who is fed up with the way things are running.

Work has been fairly steady, and I don't have a lot of time to do much of it, so I'm going to get what I can done, then leave at 11 to take off for my mother's. Somewhere along the way, I have to buy a printer for my son's computer, or, if I can locate one fairly cheaply, a bike. The problem with getting him a bike is that he then won't take the time or money to get his car fixed, and he won't take care of the bike. I was thinking of getting him a old rusty piece of crap, and a couple of cans of spray paint---have him take the time to take it apart, paint it, put it back together--then maybe he would take better care of it.

I'm still plenty ticked off that he fell asleep on the way home after a party and wrecked my bike in the ditch. I finally gave the poor thing away. It cost me over $200 clams.

So I have the computer at the office, and I have the stuff to plug my puter in the car so that I can access saved files from mapquest that tell me how to get to the doctor's office. This is going to be a revelation for my mother when I pull over at the gas station and look up the information again--I have made my puter mobile, and that will really impress her, I think.

I'm a little worried about my mother getting a knee replacement, because there was a friend of mine had a hip replacement, then she retired, and within a very short time, I heard that she died of a blood clot. She'd only been retired for 6 months! Can you imagine? She was so happy that she got the hip replacement, and she was hopping around the office (well, not hopping, but it was an amazing transformation from how she used to get around the office). I think about her now and then when people tell me their getting this or that replaced.

My husband asked me how she's going to get to the physical therapy. I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure that someone will figure something out.

In the meantime, I have work to do, so I'll sign off for now, and perhaps see you in the car.

No comments: