Sunday, June 22, 2008

More on Band

Well, I'm having a fit today.

I was spot on with my feeling that the Drum Major wants a tenor corps composed of young, pretty girls.

I'm none of those things.

This is disturbing to me and for me.

Not just because the Drum Major turned out to be a chauvinist pig, but because today is supposed to be band practice, and I'm the ONLY tenor going.

As if none of the rest of them think they need to practice OR that they don't want to work with me OR they're angry with me, OR they are angry at the Drum Major for his decision.

But as always, it's not about me right now, really, but the whole lot of them are letting the band down, and that makes me upset. They are also letting ME down--I mean, I come over 40 miles to do this, and to have no one show up is just a horrible way to treat me. I understand needing to have a personal day once in a while, but I care about what happens to the band, and it would appear that very few others care as much as I do.

Well, having said all that, there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it. I contacted my friends, Judy and Sharon, both of them are so furious that they won't even consider coming.

Well, there is something cool on television, so I'm going to watch it...something about Sybil, the oracle from Italy.

No comments: