Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Fever

Today has been rather cool and breezy, the mood in the house has been pleasant. I've been doing some reading--a best seller called "Escaped". It's about a young woman who escaped with her 8 children from the Fundamentalist Church of the Latter Day Saints--FLDS, an abusive relationship with a man 30 years her senior and a house full (34...yes, you read right) of children and 4 other wives at last count.

It's an amazing book with a ton of craziness--mayhem and chaos on every page. An enjoyable read that has captivated me, and made me marvel at the pliability of the human spirit to be able to function within a realm that is clearly dis-functional.

It is also about to storm.

It seems like Thursday's drama queen-ie-ness is gone for the moment, and I am able to relax and enjoy some time. I have completed the laundry (except the folding/hanging up/putting away), cleared the dishes, made bread and split pea with ham soup and have generally picked up a few areas in the house. I'm also considering taking a nap. Earlier today, my hubby wanted to do something, but didn't have a clear idea what he wanted to do, so he ended up watching television--a show that held zero interest for me, so I cloistered myself in the bedroom with my book and I've read nearly half.

So it's been a relaxing day.

So why the Saturday Fever? Because tomorrow is band practice, and I haven't checked the email yet to see if I have anything--and I'm almost afraid to look. I'm not even sure if I want to go, even if they do have practice, and I'm near to quitting. Considering how nice it's been today, the prospect sounds almost like some chocolate delicacy--warm, smooth and oh so chocolaty. It's almost decadent, just thinking about it. No more stress. No more taxing my memory. God help me.

But I suppose that I must. Sharon hasn't contacted me. Judy never responded to my email..but there might be something there...and so I will check.

I'll let you know.

No comments: