Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday blahs...

Remember the old Peanuts cartoons where Charlie Brown is in class and the teacher is talking to him, and its "blah blah blah blah"...?

Well, that's how I feel today. Sick, weak and feverd all weekend. Back to work today, things seem in good order, but I think I'm having post-partum blues...partum from the band.

Although I did get wind of some big dirt...a clump really...of a shakeup that occurred this last week in the bagpipe band, and I'm fairly certain that Flint will have considerable difficulty working it's way out of it.

In this, I feel like things have more or less springboarded off my resignation, which has confunded me a bit, and I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it.

I will say this much. The guy they've got playing bass for them is a power monger, and if he's given free reign with the midsection, he will obliterate it before it stabilizes.

Enough about the band though. I'm starving. Off to lunch!

Finally back in the evening and at home, I galvanized information from my contact who quit the pipe band last week due to the takeover efforts of the bass drummer (who, I believe, does not have Flint's best interests in mind), and further emails between myself and the Ann Arbor Pipe Band and Ray, I'm pretty well seething, but there's not a lot I can do about it, except to give the phone # of my contact in Ann Arbor to the fellow who quit, and hope from there that he takes the bit and runs with it, then taking his daughter also away with him.

So, we'll see how things pan out.

No card drawn today, but drew the World Tree the other day. Also known as the tree of life--you know, how no man is an island, and what affects one affects the whole--this plays into the drama being played out by my quitting the band, I think, and the end result will reach to the root of the problem and either eradicate it or grow a different tree. The universe knows the answer.

And right now it's not telling.

So I'm going to check my email at the office to see if my friend in Flint will contact my friend in Ann Arbor, and at some point, things will work out to the benefit of everyone. I really believe it.

So off I go!

No comments: