Friday, June 27, 2008

The Band Declines Competition

Well now I feel really badly! I got word today that the Grade IV band decided to scratch the Oberlin Games. I'm not sure yet why this happened. I do know that they were really too close to minimum numbers of competitors, and were considering not going to begin with, but then, after I drop, suddenly they aren't going.

I figure that I'm responsible for them not being able to go, and I feel like a big

TURD.

However, the grade 5 band is still on for the competition, so perhaps it won't be a total loss.

I just want to go home! (yes, I'm at the office, but on my lunch break)

We are supposed to have some rip-snorter thunder-dunders this afternoon.

I'm still waiting.
I have one project to do this afternoon, and then I can feel as if I completed something. Well, two projects if you consider that I haven't sorted my mail in a couple of weeks now.
Today's tarot card is:
The Moon Reversed.
Chaos. Trouble. Dark night.
Certainly doesn't bode well for my weekend, does it? Maybe the storms will knock out the electric? I really fret when the storms knock out the electric, because when I was a child, the storm came, and a tornado went over our house. We had no electric and the television had given us no warning of a storm of any sort. I remember screaming for all I was worth under a pillow, and I could not hear myself screaming over the roar of the tornado. Our big picture window in the living room pushed in and bowed an entire foot, but did not break. My father slept through the entire ordeal. After it passed, my mother calmly walked into the bedroom and woke my father up--when he went outdoors, he found some of our shingles on the ground and some of our eaves turned up onto the roof, otherwise, everything was intact. What chills me to the bone about it, though was that we were so unsafe, and my father (who is supposed to keep us safe) was asleep in the next room and never heard a thing because he'd been drinking.
So there you go. Hopefully, the storms don't get too nasty, but it's so hot and humid that there is a possibility that they might become dangerous. What gets me is that usually our house doesn't lose electric in the big storms, but two or three days after a light rain, suddenly, without warning, the lights flicker enough to make me have to reset all the clocks in the house but one-which is battery operated.
Well, lunch time over.

No comments: