Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Chill

It's chilly outdoors. I haven't set foot out there, but I'm indoors, and by the window, and I can tell that it's chilly out there.

Hubby and I spent most of the day cutting limbs down on several of our pine trees--and burning them. Little pine needle ash is EVERYWHERE, and I have a headache this morning from all the smoke. It was a long day, well, actually a long weekend, full of being busy--and I'm exhausted. Hubby needed a long shower before bed. He slept hard last night.

I didn't make the 3/4 mile on my shawl yesterday, but I'm quite a bit closer. I worked 6 points over the weekend, due to the extra tasks--and I'm getting to the point where I SERIOUSLY want to work on something else, and CAN'T because the shawl NEEDS to be done by Alma.

I REALLY hate deadlines.

So I slog along on it. I think I can start to relax, though. I only have 28 more points to do. When there are 20.5 points to do I will be at the 3/4 mile--so I really only have another 7 and I'm at the 3/4 mile. It was pretty silly of me to think I'd have reached that milestone by the end of the weekend! What was I thinking.

I took a ride with some friends yesterday to listen to a band practice. I had a good time. It was pretty exhausting, though. Long trip. I knit in the backseat of the car, and listened, watched and knit. Perfectly happy. The day was wonderful--perfect for enjoying a day in the park. I sigh just thinking about it.

I'd like to get back into drumming--I do miss it, especially around this time of year. I'm just not sure that I want to put myself through the torture--it can be ESPECIALLY STRESSFUL, and while on the road, you tend to eat BADLY. All the wrong stuff so that you can afford to stay at a hotel, rather than toss and turn on the ground, or to sleep in a leaky tent...I'll never forget the 4" of rain that fell in Kentucky that last trip. Holy COW!

I've ordered a pattern for a market bag, although I think I want to make it quite a bit differently. I love the colors, but hate the shape--so I'm hoping that there's a different shape--more square, afforded by the pattern. We'll see about it. In the meantime, I'll just plan on making a large rectangular one. This is going to be for my "Big Knitting Project" Bag. For things like shawls and sweaters that I'm working on--because I have found that the Civil War Shawl has outgrown the bag it's currently in, which is quite large, and lined as well. It's a great bag, but it's gotten to be too small for the project, and I would like to be able to move it to a bigger bag, but I don't have one!

And so the market bag...

Which I think is cooler than cool. I'm just a 60's sort of gal, I suppose.

No comments: