Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Okay Folks!

I just sneezed twice in a row, and got a sinus headache that made me STOP, drop my head, hold my nose, close my eyes and rest for a moment or two.

I'm thinking--oh sh*t, Swine Flu, right? (Let's hope not)

I did two more points today, still not quite to the 3/4 mile, but things are coming along handily. I had hoped to get three done today, but my eyes got bleary, and I thought perhaps I'd go to bed instead.

I think the work on the shawl is getting to my eyes. Friday, I'm headed to the opthamologist to have my eyes doctored--mostly to see if there's been any significant changes since my last visit a scant 5 years (yes, count em, 5) ago. Which was well before the diagnosis with Diabetes Type II, and was likely the indicator that should have alerted my doctors that I was DEVELOPING DTII--but sometimes, I think that these sorts of things escape doctors--perhaps it's why they call it "practice"?

The lilacs are beginning to bloom, and I've been thinking about Mom Draper this last couple of days. My lilac bush has a bazillion bunches of flowers on it this year, and it's going to be a font of color in a few more days. I will get a picture when it's at it's flowering height, so you can all see what a beautiful bush I have this year.

Maybe I'll take a pic of the spindly pine trees that my hubby left in my front yard??

Maybe not. At least not until he gets some flowers in and some bricks around to make a pretty flower bed underneath the pine tree--something annual that we can dig up every year....something like impatiens or petunias or even snapdragons! That would be so pretty. And a few moss rose...sigh...maybe some marigolds--my mother would swoon.

I've been giving some thought to pursuing a new activity once the shawl is done, but I'm not sure that I have the time, nor the drive to undertake it. I'm just not sure that I want to go there. Someday, I'll update you on the matter, but I'm trying to give it the thought it deserves--because it will mean a lot of time out of my life to pursue, and if it doesn't work out, it will be wasted, so I wouldn't want it to be taken lightly.

Sorry to be so "secretive", but there is a reason for that.

In the meantime, as always, werksabich, and I often wish I could retire, but I am neither close enough to retirement nor old enough for it, but my body sure thinks it should be time!

Not that I'm whining or anything, but I think I'm tired, and I think I'm going to go to bed early. Gnite.

No comments: