Sunday, August 16, 2009

Saturday

Saturday was a blast! As some may know, Saturday was the Michigan Fiber Festival (well, actually, it's been going on all week and will be on through Sunday, but Saturday is really the BIG day), and I got to go.

I left early in the morning, and forgot to take the Roberta and the Symphony--figuring that I wouldn't find anybody to buy them, and that no one would have the wheel that I wanted, but when I got there, you wouldn't believe it, but I found EXACTLY the wheel I was seeking...

Which of course, meant that I had to talk to the vendor to work out a deal...

And that I would have to make another trip.

So I went home and talked it out with my hubby. I told him that I had a deal going, and that I would be able to get some money from one of the vendors, and a trade for a wheel that I really wanted. And instead of giving me a hard time about it, he said okay.

Okay, who are you, and what have you done with my husband?

And he helped me to load things up--I took my Schact Drum Carder, too--and back to the Fiber Festival.

The woman who had wanted the Drum Carder wasn't around anymore, so the vendor offered to sell the Drum Carder for me, which was FINE with me. She sold me some wool, wrote up the trade for the wheels and I left with a brand new wheel!

New Wheel.jpg

And here she is!!

Wheel.jpg

I couldn't wait to get home and try her out, so I stopped under the pavillion at the festival and spun a little merino top in a bright green--then I took her home in her case, and spun a bit more!

I am so happy! I finally have a wheel that I can cart around in the car and not have it take up 50% of the backseat all by itself!!!

And then I went to bed, completely exhausted.

No comments: