Friday, March 26, 2010

Michigan State-The Elite Eight!

I'm not one to watch sports, but when it comes to tournaments, especially, it seems, basketball, when the Trip to the Final Four begins, I am glued to the television once I find out that MSU has any sort of shot at winning the national title.

Last night was no exception.

Now, lest you think that I attended MSU, think again. I didn't. This is just a "regional loyalty", but loyalty it is, and while I won't bore you with a lot of details about the game save for the fact that MSU made it from the Sweet Sixteen to the Elite Eight, I would like to state that even though they won the game last night, they didn't seem "on top of their game". In fact, I thought that the team moved very slowly--compared to Duke--which fairly flew across the court for most of the game.

If MSU expects to get to the final four, and they well MIGHT, they're going to need to step up their game--especially if they go up against Duke at any point. Duke has a pretty good team this year, very strong and very fast. MSU has one "mover and sh aker". Anybody who watched last night's game saw it. Duck, twist around, JUMP, SCORE!

Yes, that move was pretty exciting. Too bad it was the only move of the night!

I'll be watching the play again today at 2:20. I have no idea which team they're playing against, or if they show any promise in relation to MSU's ability--I'm sure they are quite good, else they wouldn't have made it as far, so the game should be an exciting one!

****

I'm nearing the cuff of the Leyburn socks. Presently, I am increasing because the leg is a little tight right now, and the leg isn't quite the length I'd like. So I increased a few stitches around. I have no idea how that's going to affect the pattern, but imagine that it will. I just hope that I can maintain the pattern--so I plan to add a life line so I can rip back in case it doesn't work, and put in the ribbing on a pair of too short socks. The stitch gauge has been fine to this point, and if I didn't want a little longer sock, I would be fine--but I want a longer sock. I might not be satisfied with the result.

No comments: