Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So Much Going On!

Over the weekend, I finished a basketweave towel,
Basketweave towel

worked on the wave afghan,
Wave afghan

and taught three more people how to crochet. Then the four of us decided on which projects to work on and things were off to the races.

I was very busy this weekend. I feel very satisfied in what I accomplished.

Hubby is on spring break. He's telling me that he wishes that I would retire. I'm not even close to it, and figure that the only way I could do so is if I became disabled in some way--frankly, I don't wish that on anybody, including and especially not me.

So there you go.

I downloaded a cute potholder from a link on Grumperina's website. So another project. And also purchased Alasdair Post's (Falling Blox) directional double knit hat. Something keen for hubby to wear next winter season. I also need to make him another pair of gloves--so I'm off to buy yarn for all that today.

In the meanwhile, we're all waiting with baited breath for the results of his sister's biopsy. He worries by letting his hair fall out. I worry by knitting more.

One of my students asked me if I'd gotten any projects done since she last saw me in December.
Oh sure! I replied.
Two pair of socks
A couple of animals that I painted.
A dk hat
A lace scarf
Three eyelash yarn scarves
Three felted flowers
A baby hat
The border for the princess shawl
A basketweave towel
A tank top

There was more, but now I can't remember--and it boggled even my mind at how long the list was! No wonder I'm so tired! Guess I should have joined the ravelympics?

Oh, and I also spent time with my son this weekend, teaching him to purl, work stockinette and to do ribbing. His first project was a knit bureau scarf. His next project will be a sweater vest. I think he'll be a better knitter than I am, and I'm excited about that. I can barely stand the waiting while he practices his stitches so that he can make his own sweater vest. He will be excited once he realizes that he can actually knit something that he can wear--an accomplishment for any knitter.

No comments: