Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Already!

Seems to come with increasing quickness as the weather gets nicer. My head feels like a ticking bomb just about to explode (or is that implode?) and simple thought is just not possible yet at this early hour.

I am with coffee, but that's the only saving grace. VERY active dreams last night, which just before waking was attended by none other than CHUCKIE himself, who was terrorizing the neighborhood children--and I haven't even SEEN a Chuckie movie, I also dreamed that I went back to school, and the math problems were pretty much the same as last year's problems, except that I had burned last year's books and so had nothing to really study with as to how to solve the problems using the variables from last year's book! In short, I was completely screwed if I couldn't lay my hands on last year's book. Before a classmate could assist, along comes the Chuckie dream.

I'm in bad shape this morning, I guess.

The Leyburn Socks are nearly half done, and I have bought some new yarn for a pair of finger-down gloves, which I will begin when I finish the socks.

Coherent thought is finally coming back to me. The body still aches. I have but 10 minutes left to blog something interesting--I think the scrub maple tree that flowered in our yard is playing fun with my sinuses, plugging up my head. That would be about right--this is the time of year I get one of those nasty colds that never leaves you.

Oh, yes! We got our taxes back, and right after the taxes came back, our realtor called and said that he might have a buyer for the property we own in Fowlerville. We are looking forward to an offer, and if sold, we'll be able to pay off our house and burn the deed. Wouldn't THAT be something? We've only been in this house for 11 years. I think that must be a record! There will be a deed burning party...if I can locate the deed.

Then we can borrow money to fix the barn, which needs a new roof. I'm trying to talk hubby into letting us do it, but since it's a gable barn, he's afraid of falling off.

Well, I suppose that I understand that. Sad to say that he got rid of my rock climbing harness.

I think I'm going to need a second cup. Yes, I do believe it.

Good news should always be accompanied by good coffee.

I have never owned my own home. My mother never owned her own home, she moved too often.

But when I retire, I think that hubby wants to move into a smaller place with a fenced yard (so that we can release our dog into the wilds of the yard without her running over to the neighbors to fight with the yellow lab there. Frankly, I don't want to move, but I see the advantages of it. I would like a place where I can have a small huge out-building for all my crafts--a heated building with lots of space so that I can spread out and relax and--well, pretty close to a mother-in-law house--where I can cook and do laundry and watch television and not "mess up" the big house! LOL! It's a dream, I know. But I could have that here--maybe. Our neighbors have a pole barn--why can't I have one? I know right where I'd put it, too. Smack over our garden which never really grew anything other than tomatoes, potatoes and beans--corn won't grow at all on "rocky-top", which I suppose is more a difficulty with the soil than rocks. But there's also a half acre on the other side of our big barn, where, should we take down the lean to there, we could have another barn, right beside.

I wonder if it would be less expensive to build a pole barn than to roof the gable barn?

Ah, but this is a dream, you understand. I have fallen back to sleep, and lost all track of time, even while sipping hot coffee. My brain is buzzing with possibility, instead of Chuckie. If only that property would sell, and even though I had once thought about putting our new place there in the middle of 25 acres, while having sheeps all around grazing--more dreams--the prospect of paying off this house has just really lifted my mood and made me feel somehow safer! I'm adrift on a sea of ideas and plans. Hubby is still snoring. His "ideas and plans" time was last night, waiting for the realtor to call again--so adrift that he couldn't study anymore, and came to his lounge chair and said "Imagine? Now I can't concentrate on Physics!"

That was all it took?

No comments: