Thursday, March 18, 2010

Short Row Heels

I Love the look of short row heels.

I Hate that they are so shallow as to literally fall off my foot.
I Hate the way the instep bunches up at my ankle because there's too much fabric there.

I Want it all--a deeper short row heel with no extra fabric at the ankle.

I know that there is a way to do this! I KNOW IT in the bottom of my shoes!

But how to achieve it?

Research is beginning even now, as I hunt for the perfect short row toe. Not satisfied with a standard short row toe, this one's got to be deeper and easier than all the rest, and can be adjusted to ANY number of stitches and be done just as easily as the last time you did it, even if last time was a year ago.

You see that's about how often I knit socks, but there you go.

I'm going to have to rip out this pair back to the beginning of the heel, and I'm not happy about that--more than 30 rows of knitting. What a shame!

No comments: