Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday? Again?

You know, considering how I feel about Mondays--no scratch that--considering how EVERYBODY who actually works for a living feels about Mondays, I find it amazing that they exist at all. You would think that someone would get this great idea (note: light bulb over the top of the head type) that Monday's would be legally dropped from the week!

Perhaps they can make a law about it.

Whatever.

In any case, it's Monday again, and well, I'm not sure, but I think I might have the flu. The symptoms aren't very pronounced yet, and not wicked enough to keep me home from work (I only have a half day today anyway, but I digress)--but I wonder if I should go in, walk in the rain/cold to get there and then have to turn around and come straight back home due to nausea and um, other symptoms...

Never mind!

But if I stay home, then I won't be able to go to spin group, and I would miss that! Of course, if I'm really sick, I won't be able to go anyway...so it really behooves me to NOT BE SICK. Nevermind that I don't like to be sick in the first place.

And of course, you know that I'm going to get sick. You know why? Because my hubby is sick. So I'm using all my stores of "stuff" to keep me FROM it--including refraining from getting close enough to share skin of any sort. Naturally, he's coughing all over the house, and like a dutiful wife (not), I follow behind him with a can of Lysol spray in my hand. Everytime he coughs, I spray the air to try to kill whatever it is that has him knocked out for the count.

It doesn't bother him being sick. He's retired.

So I'm sitting here, typing this, wondering whether I should go in to the office, or just call in and be done with it. I don't seem to have a fever, although I am a bit chilled--could be it's just chilly in the room. Bones hurt--but that could be age or the way I didn't sleep much last night. Of course, I have visited Aunt Martha this morning 3 times--but that could be from what I ate last night before bed.

So it's one of those, "oh heck, I don't know what my body is trying to tell me" sort of mornings.

I think, though, that maybe I should have stayed in bed. Ah, maybe I'll just call in. Means no knitting group today. Rats!

No comments: