Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If a Snowflake Falls in the Woods?

Well, never mind that. It snowed all night and didn't make a pee, but the wind howled all night. I slept like a baby, knowing well and good that there was no way I was going out into the next day.. When I woke this morning, there was a 4' drift in front of my door and a 2' drift all around my car.

I walked down our road a bit--just enough to tire me out--I took my dog Mandy with me to "mush! mush!" through the snow, since there was only one track made by a large truck--which was quickly filling in.

"It's so deep out here, Mandy," says I, "that you can't even squat!"

And it's true--she did not complete her morning constitution--which concerns me, and means I'll have to watch her closely all day in the house.

No rest for the wicked.

I did call in to the office. The idiot employer didn't close state offices, even though it's likely that no one showed up--or those that did have snow plows for their "other car".

So I have a snow day, and I plan to use it to knit baby hats for charity.

And I might begin my Wonderful Wallaby. It seems like a good day to do it.--all snowy, cold and blustery.

If you didn't know by now, this storm has so far dropped about 10" of snow on our ground, which is blowing everywhere, but mostly sideways. They don't expect it to stop until sometime after 11 am,  I think I'll just sit here by the fire and hibernate until the snow plow comes by in two or three days.

No comments: