Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things that Amaze Me

1. That I can sometimes wake up refreshed after only 5 hours of sleep and then other days, try the same thing and I'm so exhausted that I can't stand up straight, walk around like a drunk, trip over the crack in the linoleum and laminate myself to the floor.

2. That I can knit, watch television, do a load of laundry and have a conversation with my husband, all at the same time.

3. That I can sleep for 8 hours and wake up feeling like I've been run over by a truck.

4. That I can drive almost anywhere with a standard map without using Google Earth.

5. That I can have one student in a class, and they actually learn something, but put one more person in the class, who has trouble, and neither one learns anything. This just boggles my brain.

6. That I'm willing to wake up almost every morning at 5:30am to go to work. Today was a small excepttion due to the effects of #1. Not that I've been drinking or anything like that, but I *am* exhausted, and I don't know why. I suppose waking up at 4am had something to do with that. Hubby was just not very considerate this morning, turned on the light, asked me a dozen questions, and then headed off to work, leaving me to try to get back to sleep after having to use my brain. Not a good combination.

So here I am. Awake finally at 7am, late for work. I have to shower and head out, and the roads are bad again due to a snowfall of about 2-3 inches last night.

I'm getting to think

ENOUGH ALREADY! I'VE SEEN THE SNOW, AND IT HAS BECOME MY MASTER, BUT IT'S TIME TO MELT AND GET DONE WITH IT.

I am truly over snow.

7. That snow can fall and cripple an entire state. There are people to the south of my area who haven't had electricity for DAYS. That's a bad thing. Truly.

8. That my husband hasn't yet purchased a gas powered generator to run our corn stove so that *if* we lose electric, that we can still have heat. We can eat out, but we can't heat without electric.

Oh, there's more, but why bore you with the details. I have to shower and get in to the office before I fall asleep again in my chair.

No comments: