Thursday, February 3, 2011

We Finally Made It

We finally were able to get out of our own driveway and onto the roadway about 4pm yesterday.

And it's a good thing too, because we ran our of gas for the snow blower in the middle of the job.

The roads were passable, but that's about all they were--you had to make a 90 degree turn to get onto the main road, which was pretty tricky if there was traffic coming, but the fates were with us, and we managed to get to the station in one piece, without driving straight into the ditch.

I stayed home and knit and crocheted all day. I finished several things--two baby hats, a puffy scarf and another scarf, now working on another hat to match the crocheted scarf. I can't get out of this "winter wear" mode--probably because I'm so durn cold. Today, it's only 7 degrees out, and it may as well be 0, since you can't even feel those 7 degrees.


Still, must go start, start, start the car, warm it up and get on the road to go to work.

I swear. I will so enjoy retirement.

No comments: