Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunday Classroom

I started a pair of socks before my class today. It's been a long time since I've knit a pair of socks. I thought that I might be due--even though the Wallaby sleeve is on the needles and half done.

For Knitting 101 class at JoAnn's I had 6 students. Two came a half hour late, and were instantly behind. One was left-handed. So I really ended up teaching 3 different classes. The first 4 got the standard class with right-handed knitting, and all 4 learned GREAT! The lefty learned how to knit continental, and her mother learned how in about 2/3rd's the time.

All of them were very smart and very engaging and engaged. We giggled and joked through the entire 2 1/2 hours. It was a great time, and entirely a success.

Then I went to do some grocery shopping for the standard stuff--milk, bread, eggs.

When I got home, I set up the slow cooker for stew. But because it was already 4 o'clock, and because I knew hubby would be leaving for work soon, I decided to make up a chicken pot-pie (and 2 calzones) which were far quicker, and that we would have the stew tomorrow. Then I forgot to turn the stew on.

Idiot moi.

This morning, Monday morning, as usual, I am groggy and discombobulated-a shower will help, I think. We have a coating of freezing drizzle on the ground plus a bit of snow, which is going to make driving to work quite treacherous again today.

Today, however, is my half day, and I have quite a lot of work to be done, but I think I'll manage. Then to my doctor's appointment and then to the Knitting Group.

I can't decide if I want to take my Wallaby or the socks. I'm trying to wake up still.Oh, I suppose I'll go and let my dog in, and then take my shower and perhaps that will do the trick. Maybe it will also clear out my sinuses at the same time. Do you suppose?

So I had a productive day with 6 more knitters added to the flock. I told them that it was my evil plan to get the entire population of the world with an "each one, teach one" sort of thinking--which set them all to giggling. One said that she knew her husband would never knit--and I replied. "Hey, everyone's got to have at least one, lofty, unattainable goal--right?'

So long for now. Have a knitterly day.

No comments: