Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Progress on Bear

I'm about 2 loopy rows from decreasing the head. It's going pretty quickly.



There is, however, some concern that I'll run out of the yarn, so I'm trying to get things going. Even so, tonight I plan to start knitting a wonderful Wallaby for myself. It's been a while since I knit a sweater, and I'd like a Wallaby, so there you have it.

Tomorrow, I'll show you the progress on the Wallaby. I am only 2 point something inches of ribbing, so there's not much to see yet. I'll work on it a little bit more tomorrow night. Hopefully, I'll have the ribbing done and begun on the body--there will also be an update on the bear--as I left that project at the office--so I have something to do at the office and I don't have to carry it back and forth from the car.

It will make life much easier.

On the way home tonight, while driving on I-96 back home from Lake O, just west of Portland, I saw a streak of bright white light flash down from the top of my windshield to about 1/4th the way up from the bottom of my windshield, and then suddenly fizzle right out. White light, though. Not orange or yellow--white light. Too close to be a falling star, and wrong color for any meteor going that slowly. I suppose it could have been somebody shooting off a last firework left over from the 4th of July. Until I know more, it will remain a UFO!

No comments: