Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tarot Card of the Day

It's...drumroll...

The Seven of Wands.

Now wands usually have to do with work stuff, and this card in the Celtic version is titled Courage. The card has a figure on it, drawn into a hill that can be seen from the air. Sometimes, I see this card as a "get out of jail free" card--because the figure is standing between two rods. He looks, for all he's worth to be just getting out of prison. I'm not sure why I think it's a "he" rather than a "she", because in other celtic cards depicted this way, they are clearly male/female. Perhaps this guy is "Male-ish" because of his angular shape.

The card, as I said stands for courage. I draw this card when I'm going to have a bad day at the office, or an argument with my husband (who [sigh] isn't built this way). It could also mean an unwelcome visitor that I have to be especially cautious and careful what I say.

It can also mean don't go to lunch, there's a strange man that just got out of jail (or out of a bad marriage) laying in wait just outside the door for you.

Those are just some of the meanings. It's a call to arms for me, because I have this weak spot for men generally. I either love them or I hate them. If they are nice to me, they get to live. If they aren't, they find the true wrath of a woman scorned.

And so it goes....but for now, I must get to my car with my knitting and my purse and head for the hills where he lies in wait. He'll wait a long time, because I don't go that way to work anymore. HA!

No comments: