Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Day at the Salt Mines

I spent about an hour on Facebook last night. This is not a regular happening for me, but it would appear that one of my co-workers wanted to chat as much as I did--of course, she could also have been checking with her friends while chatting with me, but no matter.

Both of us are pretty weirded out by what's going on at the office. It's REALLY getting to me--not so much to her, though she SAYS it is, I can tell she's not ruffled by much at the office. I can only assume that "attitude" carries over into her home life, which to me, would make a pretty happy home life.

As for me, I'm just shutting down, piece by piece. I am trying to keep up my demeanor, but it's pretty well falling apart. Last night, my husband couldn't hug me enough--and he did hug me most of the night, spooning the way we did to keep warm because there's been a cold snap this week, and it's just played havoc with our ability to stay warm. (And Barb Cooper thinks she's the Queen of Digression!) Even now, I'm thinking to myself--do I really have to go in? Couldn't I just take a couple of days off and stay home, finish my shawl and clean the snake pen?

To add to the mix, Woolgatherer's is meeting tonight. This wouldn't be so bad, except that I have to pretend that things aren't a little "off" with a friend of mine (which really turns out that she's not such a great friend after all, and I SO WISH that I could find somebody to do things with), and basically "play nice with others" which comes so hard for me when someone breaks my heart to bits.

So I'll take my lace tonight to work on, and get at least another 3 or 4 rows done. I think I just finished round 37, so only 13 more to go. Perhaps I shouldn't have spent so much time on Facebook last night, but I really couldn't help it. If I get those 4 rounds done, I'll be on round 41, and less than 10 rounds to go. That would be GREAT.

I have a class on Saturday, and might be called in to work on closed files in the morning. Then Sunday, I'm off to a friend's house to work on his computer. There won't be a lot of time for knitting during all that. But next week for sure, I should be able to start Catkin. And while I'm working on the shawl, I'm also working on a Christmas present for my grand-daughter--and I think she will really like it.

In the meantime, be well everyone. Cherrios!

No comments: