Monday, September 5, 2011

STALL!

Okay, I finished chart 3, and on to chart 4, only to find out that I'm stalled. The chart/instructions don't seem right to me, so I've written to the designer, and she looked at her notes, and..

This morning I got my reply...

I am RIGHT! I am RIGHT! I couldn't believe it, but I'm not as stupid as I look, and apparently I know a little more about charting lace than I thought.

You DO have to move the marker back one stitch for the last chart to come out right.

I feel so vindicated. My next shawl will be my own design. I can hardly wait.

But first, Catkin. I am really, quite suddenly, in love with the pattern, and I think I'm either going to make it in autumn colors, or sky colors--it's got me SO hooked.

And now that I feel like Super Knitter, I think I can handle it.

Have a nice Labor Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you pointed the error out to me! I tried very hard to make sure there weren't any errors, but I'm hopeful that will be the only one that is found. I can't believe I forgot about having to move one stitch for the last section. I think I need to learn how to count again!

Cheri