Thursday, September 22, 2011

It Gets Better...

I crocheted a hat recently for JoAnn's. Now working on a pair of "Glovelets", which is a fancy-schmancy way of saying "fingerless gloves", because they indeed---have no fingers--not even a thumb! Just a hole.

They are knit flat, and seamed. There's a little 2 stitch buttonhole. But other than a knit 1, purl 2 style rib, there really isn't much to them.

So they're sort of boring.

As soon as I finish this, I have another JoAnn's project to do--perhaps two. Then I can move on to Catkin, which is maybe a little beyond my skill level. If that turns out to be so, I might head into the knitting shop and ask for help, but I think if Yarn Harlot can do it, I can do it.

But for the glovelets, I would...do it that is.

If only not for the overtime, I might actually get some of these things done. Our office has offered 500 hours of overtime to the staff. I'm trying to get in 27 hours by next Friday. So far, I have 5. I'll do a fair number of hours on Saturday, which will cut down my WEEKEND considerably, but since I don't have a class this weekend, it's not a problem.

The only thing I don't like about overtime is that it makes me tired, which makes me ornery, which causes me to get a little "mouthy" with my husband. He doesn't understand how fried my brain gets on STANDARD time, never mind overtime. Sigh. The extra money will be nice--especially for Christmas, but the extra money for Christmas won't be necessary if my husband divorces me because I'm such a shrew for not getting enough rest!

Well, off to knit the other glovelet. Wish me luck. At least I don't have to work overtime on Friday!

No comments: