Wednesday, September 14, 2011


Yesterday was a terrible day, but I've had a night to sleep and feel much improved, but still quite intrepid about going in to the office today.

It doesn't help that there's a young black guy accosting women on their way home from work (usually), who could decide to change his MO and start going for mornings. It's my idea that he's trying to steal enough money so he can take a bus to the (warmer) southern states, but I could be wrong. It's still pretty scary, because I have to traverse three blocks that are included in his "area of choice". I don't like having to wait for another driver to show up at my lot, for someone to buddy with, and I don't like taking the long way to the office (which is SAFER, and the only reason I would use it to begin with), because I like to use the building back door.

Either way, until the police catch the guy, I'm pretty screwed.

The work will always be there, and it will always be a mess because of the people who came before. I am up to the task, and before long, I will whip this stuff into shape and catch up. It's the time in between that I'm worried about. The "getting there". The person who left the position was behind to begin with, so now, it's very likely that I'll have to deal with people calling about missing payments and such. They don't want to hear "I'll look into it and call you back when I know something." They want to hear "I'll handle it today.", which often is not an option.

Ah, well, such is life.It's not my fault that I'm getting older and slower, and that my brain isn't working quite as well as it used to perform. Getting older sucks big time. For everybody.

Knitting wise, I got another 2 rows done on the shawl last night, and I am now only 15 rounds from the bind off of the shawl, which has a very interesting concept, and may end up my standard bind off. More about that later, as I get to the end of it.

I was able to find a book "Homespun, Handknit" at the East Lansing Library, and I stopped over there, since I don't have a library card for that library, and took a look at it to see if I wanted any other pattern other than the Bouncing Baby Bonnet. I didn't see much of anything there, so I don't have to order it through Melcat, but I did pay VERY close attention to the construction of the bonnet. I don't know why, but I'm hoping to make one someday. I just don't know why.

And there's a smell in my house that smells like something rotting. There are a couple of things I need to do today when I get home to locate it. In the meanwhile, I'll try covering it up with a shot of Febreeze. It might be the snake pen, but I think it more likely the bird seed on the kitchen counter. I'll find out tonight. If it turns out to be snake pen, I'll have some cleaning to do. I'll pick up some Aspen chips on the way home. My snake will love me for it.

One day, I'll take a pic of my snake. She's grown a bit this year because I'm feeding her more now. She is up to 4 mice, without barfing, and that's quite a bit. She's sleeping under her hide at the moment, so I will leave her be, but later, as I clean her cage, I will take a pic and post tomorrow so you can see how big she is. Because she has eaten, she will be slower, and less likely to strike.

Well, must get to the office. I have to buy gas on the way. You know how much I hate being late for work.

No comments: