Saturday, September 10, 2011

Having MisCounted...

I told you the other day that I had 100 rows of the last chart. Well, I was wrong. There are only 47 rows on the last chart. And even though I'm not scared to put 100 rows on the last chart, I think I will stop at 50, because 50 is a lot of stitches.

Over 50,000, in fact.

I am 18 rows into that 50, so I am nearly half way there, and by the end of the weekend, I ought to be halfway (or more) there.

Which means I am possibly a week away from being done.

This is only bad because I think this weekend is the local fair, and I won't be able to enter it into the fair this year. (Boo Hoo) Perhaps next year.

The changes at the office have been discussed with the clerical staff, and the jobs have been pared down, but things are still pretty hectic and will continue to be--my phone still rings off the wall, because people know that I answer my phone, and barring that, I answer my voice mail.

One of the staff had 87 voice mails on her phone! Well, to be fair, she couldn't access it (broken), and so the voice mail just filled right up! But 87 voice mails! It would have taken HOURS to handle those calls.

And now, even the voice mails on MY phone (including the calls that come in) won't be mine to answer, and I'll be able to put a message on my phone to contact another clerical person, who will likely be the first line phone person. She has no idea what she's in for. She's a little snotty too, so it doesn't bother me a bit.

And I will take over the job for another gal in the office--taking back the job I used to do. It's going to feel a little like coming home. I'll have enough time to get comfortable, and they'll change things again. But I'll be in a position where I can possibly save the State some money. We'll see how that pans out.

In the meanwhile, I'm on my way to make some oatmeal for breakfast. Would you like some, too?

No comments: