Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Do Swear...

Yes, indeed I do. Blue steam comes out of my ears, and some people have been known to turn blue if they stand too close.

But under normal circumstance...ah...not so much. I tend to catch myself before I turn people into Smurfs.

Today was not the day.

A certain someone made plans to come see me today to retrieve some items that we have been holding for her for SEVERAL months. She said she would be here at 11am. It's now nearly 11pm, and no sign of her. Not even a peep.

I'm pretty angry. Not so much that I will swear a blue streak, but I had wanted to drive in to JoAnn's and demo today, and never got the chance. I had to stay home and wait for somebody who never showed up. Doesn't that just make you mad? Well, it sure makes me mad.

On a good note, I was able to sit all day and get some knitting done. I have 3 more rows and I will be half done with the last chart. It's coming along well. I see light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not an oncoming train.

On another bad note, I didn't eat well today, and I know that my sugar is probably somewhere out in outer space. Nearly bedtime, and I am sweating like it was the middle of the dog days of summer, and I'm wondering if I'm going to swim myself to sleep tonight or drown in my own perspiration. Shew!

But I've taken my night time pills, so I will soon pass out. I hope the dog doesn't wake me too early.

Tomorrow is 9/11. The 10th anniversary. Today was 9/10/11. I didn't see anything bad happen yet today, but it's still early yet. I'm considering looking on cnn.com to see if anything bad has happened, or if there's more report on the chatter from Pakistan...sigh. The whole business is just one big mess. I figure it took them so long to find Osama, because he was pretty much close to dying anyway. Our guys just went in there and did him a favor so that they couldn't sneak him away and say he rose again, or something like that.

So the world turns. So does my stomach. I'm going to get some rest now. Just as soon as I...

No comments: