Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Center"...at Ground Zero

You know what they say..."Fooled once, shame on you...fooled twice, shame on me."

I'm opposed to this "center" proposed for near the ground zero site. I have my reasons, and many people think it's because I'm a Bible thumping reactionary.

Well, I'm not. I'm a "whack you idiot leftists with the book just mentioned" right-winger who doesn't believe in giving anybody a second shot at breaking my heart.

I don't suppose you watched those towers fall the way that I watched those towers fall.

I don't suppose you watched the horrifying videos of people jumping to their deaths (and making no small racket when they smacked headlong into the pavement).

I don't suppose you realize that the truly "nice muslims" over here want to do this to show "tolerance" between religions and credos.

Uh, right.

Does it dawn on you that you may have no idea what the real idea is behind all the "peace and prosperity and tolerance"? My opinion is that you can never know what's on the mind of another person--you cannot know that they really might have ulterior motives.

Normally, I am not a paranoid person. However, my second husband taught me this truth--some people will bald-faced lie to you, and you will not know the difference until it's too darn late for you. Another person will lie to you, if they think they can get away with it. Coat it with lots of what they think your ears want to hear, and SURE ENOUGH--that lie will lambaste you with a vengeance. Anything that sounds "too good to be true" usually is, and this is the gut feeling I get with this "center".

True, gut feelings are just that...sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong, but in this case, can we really afford to be wrong about what message is being sent to the extremists "over there"? Do we really want them dancing in the street in victory? Because you know that's how they will see it--

A "We planted our flag on their hallowed ground, and now we OWN them." sort of statement...no matter how sugar-coated and palatable the idea is made to our citizenry.

And enough with the Ted Kazinski/Federal Building in Oklahoma.

Murder is MURDER.

An extremist sees it as a means to an end, and acceptable, if his ultimate goal is achieved--collateral damage. A rational person sees it as MURDER, DETESTABLE AND TO BE AVOIDED.

It's not a good idea. Ground zero is, and should always remain, a place in our country that is considered SACRED. The place where so many lost their lives in an instant of murder, many of which all the parts were never found.

Oh, yes, by all means, plant a Muslim victory flag on our sacred hill.

I'm ashamed that there are Americans who don't honor our precepts anymore--who cry out "Me me me! You owe me!" And aren't willing to pay the price. Ashamed, I tell you.

No comments: