Saturday, September 11, 2010

While Working on Mittens

Well, it would appear that I'm making mittens for someone else other than myself--they are simply too big for me. I suppose I could felt them--wet felting would give me a little more control over the process to some degree.

But I am to the point (almost) where I'll be adding the waste yarn for the thumb hole, and the mitt is just too big. The cuff is fine--I should have decreased some stitches, and I might just rip out (again, sigh) and decrease about 10-15 stitches around so that it will fit me.

I just can't tolerate mitts that are too big for me! So shoot me. I'm something of a perfectionist!

In the meanwhile, I'm hunting around for something different, and I found...

http://www.knitandknag.com/patterns/lace-shawls/urdr/

And just about lost my life to sucking in so much breath! What a beauty! And the shawl being offered for autumn is no less lovely--something along the lines of estonian--complete with nupps.

Yes NUPPS!

This one is in my future. I can see it in the cards, but wow. Okay, I didn't die, exactly, but that shawl is just gorgeous!

Speaking of shawls, I entered my Civil War Shawl into competition in the local fair. I also entered my Blue Celtic Jumper. I'm hoping for ribbons for both. I pick up on Sunday. I'm thinking I have a good chance of a couple blue ribbons. The ladies who took in my articles GASPED when they saw me with my entries. One of them took my shawl and put it around her shoulders since she was chilled. Clearly, it was loved! Too bad, hun. Not for sale!

But the sun is coming up, and I am going to demo at JoAnn's this morning. It's only a little after 6 am, but I want to get there and get out--back home to help hubby with the freezer downstairs--we're bringing it upstairs, and that means taking all the food out, sorting, thawing the freezer, carting up the hill (hubby and son will handle that--too heavy for me), and reinstalling everything in our garage. I'm not sure if that will be a good idea--but it's what's going to happen. I've also got a kitchen to clean, and only an hour to do it in, so I must get on the move.

Take a look at that link, though. If it doesn't take your breath away, I don't know what will.

No comments: