Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Project and Preparing for the Colder Weather

So I'm betting you can't guess what's coming up..

IMG00264.jpg

Okay, I'd lose, right?

My California friend and I are working a KAL for some mittens. This is my own hand spun from some pencil roving I purchased at Threadbear. I was hoping that the blue would pop a little more than it does, but these will be a nice addition to those cooler days.

I'm thinking about making a pair of the style of mittens that have a flip-top, so that I have more control while driving--that is, after the steering wheel warms up.

Today is a half day at the office. I leave early to take my mother to the surgeon's office again. We are going to chatter with him once again about this issue, and hopefully he's not as rude this time as he was last time. We shall see.

Tonight I will work on the thumb gusset for the mittens. I expect these to take no more than a week to finish. Happy Autumn, everybody!

No comments: