Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tired Today

It's raining. It's cold. It's warm in bed. I'm too tired. I think my husband should go to work for me.

Worked half the night on the Ocean Waves Afghan (see right inset), and got half of the LAST SKEIN done before my eyes closed and I fell asleep with the crochet hook in my hand and the television blaring.

I figured I should take this poor, wretched body to the bedroom where I could make like a horizontal line with a speed bump, and catch some zzzz's.

Now, awake at 5:45, I am drinking coffee like there's no tomorrow in sight, and I suppose that's true, since it's raining pretty hard--maybe today won't happen, and I can go back to bed? Maybe today was canceled due to rain?

I really doubt it.

So my gear is ready, and I'm still drinking coffee, trying to shake the cobwebs out of my ears--another gulp of coffee, and I'm almost human.

I can't wait until break-time when I can work some more on the afghan. Perhaps I can get most of the last skein done at the office and finish it when I return home, then start Rhiannon. Funny how my whole life revolves around knitting and crochet.

No comments: