Sunday, September 12, 2010

Surprise!

I got a call last night asking if I could come in and teach a Knitting 101 on Sunday.

Of course!

I have just 3 skeins left of this acrylic yarn in green, blue and yellow for the Ocean Waves Afghan--I will be so glad to finish. It would appear that if I keep at it, I can finish a skein a day--that is if my tendinitis will allow it--which means I could finish this afghan in 3 days or less!

I'm hoping for the less. I'm tired of these big projects and having it take so long to see the end result--but soon, a picture for the blog, and it will be done and I can move on to another wip! YAY!

I also need to pick up my knitting at the local fair--so that I can see if I got a ribbon or what-not. Pics of ribbons are always allowed on my blog! So you'll be seeing those IF I earned any. I've been to busy to go to the fair to see if I did or not.

Lastly, those mittens I was going to do? Well, frogged twice, and now they want to be gloves instead--go figure! It's just that my handspun is saying "glove, glove, glove, glove" ever stitch I take--so I'll be taking stitches off to work the thumb and pinkie later, after class, most likely.

For now, must shower and prepare for class.

Oh, I bought some new yarn--very pretty--for gloves, mitts or even a hat--haven't really decided yet..

New yarn

And the progress on my handspun gloves:

IMG00265.jpg

Last night I listened to the police scanner for Chicago on my Blackberry--wow! There was a car accident. The guy pulled a gun, shot a cop, hijacked an old lady's car and took off. He's running, and probably a dead guy by now. I didn't hear that they'd caught up with the dude, but you know they always do when the dude shoots a cop. I don't suppose that was the best plan, you know?

No comments: