Friday, September 24, 2010

Knitting? What's That?

Sorry folks. I have bad news. Today, there was a party to say goodbye to two long-timers at my work. Yes'm. Retirement. Lucky dogs! Of course, I've known them a long time, and I suppose that we were work-friends--so I'm a little sad that they're leaving. I worked the party all day, so I didn't really get any knitting in today, unless you count finishing off the pinkie finger on my husband's gloves while waiting for our pizzza.


Not a whole lot to show for all that, either. Save for a few tears from self-pity. I want to retire too! Don't leave me behind!

Beyond all that, this week has exhausted me. It's only 6pm, and I think I could probably slide between the sheets and fall directly to sleep and then all through the night...but as you might guess, there is work to be done.

Border CollieImage via WikipediaFirstly, I had to let Mandy (my Border Collie) outdoors to go potty. Walking into the house was a nose-wrinkler, and I thought she'd had an accident. Happily, such was not the case. And, no, that's not her in the picture. I'm just too lazy to get my own pic right now. The smell, it would appear comes from the fact that my snake needs a bedding change.


So, after cleaning out the spare cage, I pulled my snake  out of the old cage and installed her in the new cage where she IMMEDIATELY started to slink around, looking about for the "other" snake that used to be in that cage. Finding no competition, she is now happy and slurping water. I will feed her next week when she's good and hungry.


From that, I wondered out loud what was on television tonight. I think Medium and Ghost Whisperer are on tonight. If that's the case, it's possible that I might get some knitting in today after all!




I'm off to see the Wizard, I guess. I'll miss my friends--happy that they can retire and enjoy what's left of their lives. Sad that I can't join them, and sad that I won't be able to see them every day anymore. Off on their own adventures--I wish them bon chance!





No comments: