Monday, September 27, 2010

Gloves are Finished, Part Deux

I finished hubby's gloves in only 9 days--that's right--9 days. I can't believe it myself. I actually thought I got them done a lot faster than that--after all, the second glove took only two days total work time.



I actually worked on Rhiannon again today, and I'm past the 4-leaf clover part on the second repeat, pic to be had later, after I've worked a little longer upon it.

Tomorrow night is knit night in Lake O--planning on working on a new project--yes, another one going on the needles--this Wonderful Wallaby, which I have made before, but I have temporarily lost the pattern. It's in my sewing room.



Funny story, that...

The boys have been working on the remodel downstairs, and the walls are all done and everything is closed up. The boys never checked my room to make sure that the light worked in there, figuring that "well, everything else lights up--" Now it might be that the ballast has gone out, or the bulbs could be old and have died (they were sort of humming the last time I had the light on), or it could be that they cut power to the room without really knowing that they'd done so. That, I'm afraid, would be a "worse case scenario".



In the meanwhile, one of my friends has offered to loan me her copy, since I can't look for mine in the semi-darkness. I've already started buying the yarn!! I've got two skeins just ITCHING to be started--and Rhiannon wants to go with me, too.

Yes, Rhiannon is now talking to me--quite well, in fact, and with a slight German lilt.

"I long to be around your shoulders on the chilly nights while you watch television!"

Oh, she knows her place already!



Such a smart wrap!

Well, it's dinnertime, and the husband is growling. I plan to work on Rhiannon while watching television tonight. Chuck is on tonight. House is on, too, and both of us are tossing coins on which one to watch. Neither of us can decide which one we want to see the worst. I wish we had a DVR. ;(



In any case, time to eat--pic later of Rhiannon progress, so stay tuned!

No comments: