Monday, July 11, 2011

Like a Day Without Sunshine

Yes, I think that's how today is going to pan out. Rain, thunder, lightning--the whole nine yards. Since the weather box on my computer says that it will be cloudy today with a high of 72--I know, sigh of relief from this corner of the globe--but I drew a fire card with arrows today, just a general question about the weather, and lets just say it looks a lot like lightning.

Hard night on a bed that just isn't doing it for me, too. I am so sore. The second I get some food into me, the very next thing will be some Advil. My back is killing me, and husband is just going to have to break down and buy a sleep comfort bed, because I can't take this temperpedic mattress. It's soft and warm and all that, but doesn't give me enough support in my middle back. Pain is just not my strong suit. I didn't sleep well last night--tossing and turning and sticking to the bed because SOMEBODY turned off the air conditioning last night because HE was cold, instead of just turning up the thermostat.

What's really horrible is that I showered this morning, and my hair is still quite wet, and I have no motivation to go and comb it. You should have seen me in the mirror before the shower--I was quite frightening. I think I even let out a little scream on first look--and then realized it was my own reflection in the mirror. At first, in groggy state, I didn't realize who that was staring back at me.

Well, I have a lot of work to do before I can come home and get back to sleep again. I think I will drink a lot of ice water this morning, in case the pain is my kidneys beating me up for only drinking one full glass of water the entire day yesterday. I don't normally drink a lot of water--even in summer--preferring Pepsi, but then I sweat brown stuff, and I don't think it's good for my system.

Again, I have to get going, wish I could stay and relax with you for a little longer, but duty calls. Perhaps something interesting will happen to me at the office today. Wouldn't that be a trip?

Oh, and speaking of trip...I've asked hubby to take me to the Monteray Bay Aquarium. I want so badly to see it. Perhaps he will look into taking a trip and spending some time in California on the beach. The trip will cost a little bit--since we'd also need hotel and food, airfare and the tickets to go to the Aquarium. Plus it might be fun to visit Disneyland out there, too. I'm thinking a nice package where we can get some shows in--it would have to go through a travel agent, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

Ah, there I go again, rambling off at the mouth when I should be heading for the office. Goodbye for real, this time.

No comments: