Saturday, July 9, 2011

Some Weird Stuff Going On

Every so often, I seem to lose my connection with my blog, or my email or SOMETHING, and I can never figure out what is going on. This goes on for several hours. Then I come home, and get things straight again, only for things to go haywire tomorrow.

The login/password are sufficiently different that I shouldn't think that ANYBODY would be able to hack my account successfully--I use numbers, capitals AND symbols in my passwords EVERYWHERE--so much so, that it's difficult for me to remember them all.

At present, things are going along just fine, thank you very much, but I spent an agonizing day trying to figure out what went wrong, and decided that it occurred when I tried to comment on Murr Brewster's blog, which today had something about fear of spiders and snakes and going wee wee wee all the way home, as it were...but all of that is beside the point.

But I'm home now, and all is once again, well. Even the phone is working just a little too well. I sent a message to a friend of mine on Facebook, and it buzzed into my phone that I had a message from myself--which was, well...sort of weird, in an odd sort of way. So now, I have a ghosted phone, telling me when I've sent a message to someone else, and what I said, rather than their reply. And that's why it's weird. I wouldn't expect the phone to buzz on MY comments/messages, but only on someone else's.

The phone has issues.

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Likewise, I can't find the plug in for the mp3 player. This has my husband completely in knots, because he wants to take the mp3 player on walks down the road, and the battery is deader than the proverb would have you believe.

Likewise, Sprint tells me that the Wi-Fi box I purchased from them, does not need the battery when it's plugged in 100% of the time, and yet, when it's running solely on "wall power", my connection comes on, turns off, comes on, turns off...sorta like a thriller movie strobe, and it's VERY annoying. With the battery in, my connection is secure. So tell me what is going on here.

I figure it's just like everything else. My life is electronically challenged. I might as well hang it up. Until they can come up with a single universal connector, I will be plagued with a different connector (and therefore AC cord) for every small appliance that uses one to "charge up". I'm looking here....let's see, I have one for my camera, one for my phone, one for my laptop, one for my mp3 player, and one for my Nook. There's also one for the USB hub, which I'd hoped to be rid of when I got this new computer with 6 different usb slots--but apparently, the "connectors" like the older style hub rather than the newer style computer slots, and so don't work nearly as well. So still need the hub, and all these little wires and things on my desk.

Wireless? You call this wireless? Even the Wi-Fi is plugged into the wall (even with the battery in), because it doesn't operate long enough with just the battery AND it doesn't operate correctly at all on just AC power. Seems like a conspiracy to me. I remember something about an X-File where Skully was kidnapped by a computer artificial intelligence and nearly became "hard-wired" to the computer itself. Mulder saved her in time of course, but she was horribly tied into a closed bound by all these wires around her body...

Yep. I do believe I'm almost there.

So I believe that I will go to the living room, sit under a fan and knit.

No comments: