Friday, January 30, 2009

And for the Evening...

Introducing the workaholic-ME!
Seriously, after a long day working at the office, the LAST thing I really want to do is housework.

When I got home, most of the stuff that I'd done a few nights ago had been undone, and I found my hubby's mail---

All over the table that I just finished clearing off and how dare you mess up my house again after all the work I've put into it you uncaring piece of husband don't you care....(there was more, but I didn't want to bore you with the expletives..)

After my temper tantrum, because indeed, he wasn't there to yell at anyway (and it's a good thing too!), I neatened his mail piles, tossed some greeting cards and went about the house.

I washed down the wood floor in the kitchen.
I finished cleaning the countertops.
I cleaned off the salt and pepper shakers (dusty).
I pulled the clean laundry from the dryer and tossed the whites into the washer and started them.
I thawed a roast, cut it into tiny bits and boiled it in wine and orange juice with a little oil tossed in there, and started a soup base in the slow cooker. When the meat was sufficiently braised and tenderized, I tossed it into the soup base...
I boiled the fat from the roast. I usually give this as treats to the dog or cats, whichever will actually eat it.
Then I sat down and finished the gusset decreases on my Flower Patch Socks (no pics at this time, but will post when the foot/toe is done).
When the roast/soup began to boil, I added shells (instead of taters), turned on low and went to bed.

I am reading a book "Wizards First Rule", which is a sort of fantasy fiction. The only reason I bought it was because it's a thick paperback, and I like to read thick paperbacks. If it's less than 1 1/2" thick, it's not worth my time.

Here we have our hero, a hunter/gatherer young man in his 20's to 30's. Tall, handsome and very woods-wise and protective of the enjeaneau (perhaps that's not spelled right--but I mean the female main character), who is a witch from the wrong side of the mountains. Together, they are in search of a great wizard, who needs to come back to "society" to help protect the people from both sides of the mountain (as it were, it's actually more like two different countries) from a third party king who's a real pain in the arse.

Apparently, the great wizard is hiding because the people didn't like how he meted out justice, and so he basically left them to their own devices, and now society is falling apart at the seams and this bad-guy king is trying to take over...but there's more (there always is). To find out "what more" you have to buy the book or get it at the local library. So far, it's been a good read--lots of action and suspense to keep me rivetted but not enough to keep me from going to bed at a proper hour, so after reading another chapter last night, I turned out the lights and investigated the inside of my eyelids.

1 comment:

CiCi and CAJtalk said...

I am exhausted just reading all that you did