Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tarot Card for the Day

Asking: Is Poppa okay?

Believe it or not, I pull the Page of Wands, entitled Potential. It would seem he's more than okay--he's, in the words of my voice mail at the office "super-splendiforous"!

And that's pretty good.

I have another ear-worm this morning that has been jangling in my head most of the morning--sing it with me:

"You can trust your car to the man who wears the star. The big, bright Texaco Star." okay, you can stop singing now...

This was an advertisement for a gas station cum auto repair shop from long ago in Poppa's generation. They would check the air in your tires, check your oil, wash your windshield and PUMP YOUR GAS FOR YOU. And with the exception of the gas, it was ALL FOR FREE.

Ah, gone are the days....right?

I mean, people used to care a little more about you personally back then, I think. And I don't believe for a minute that people have stopped caring so much as I believe that the hustle and bustle of daily life, along with the stresses and strains and broken bones and maybe even the sadness and longing and loneliness has given rise to a generation that doesn't care so much for fear of being hurt. There just isn't time anymore to deal with those sorts of feelings, I guess.

Today Jeff and I are going shopping. I purchased a new outfit, for which I need some shoes and some nylon stockings to help.hold.in.the.bulge. How depressing. I hate shopping, and that just adds to the pressure. It's not like I don't have outfits that I could wear, you understand, but I will take every opportunity when my husband says "Go buy something nice and I'll pay for it." TADA! Magic words!

I also found out from my sister in law that there is a special "bra place" in East Lansing, where they actually FIT the brazziere to you. Now THERE is something I could really use--a bra that fits. I am (read this carefully and slowly) sodarntiredofbrasthatdon'tfit!

Add to that, the fact that I've gained about 100 extra pounds, and well, bras don't fit ladies that are sorta big around, but small in depth--if you get my drift...I don't need a 48 EEE--I NEED a 48 C, I figure, but the store brazzieres in those sizes look like "old lady bras"--you know the type--just plain un-sexy. I want something that will be functional and make me look like Brittney Spears--and I'm coming to the realization that it's just not happ'nin!

But if you even find a 48C that I LIKE--for instance it's somewhat sexy and doesn't require a team of professionals to get it put on my body--the C part of the brazziere is TOO DEEP. And I've got all this extra fabric folded over my front that has no place to go, except to stand at attention under my clothing and makes me look like my boobs are folded over sideways.

In other words: It.Ain't.Pretty.

I also like Front Closures--there was a brazziere that I was easily able to get into--it was underwire, and I wore them exclusively when I was a svelte 130#--and made me look VERY sexy. I liked them because I could unsnap, unhook and walk out of them at the end of the day. Best brazziere I've ever known. They don't come in the size I am now. What was weird about them is that the clasp NEVER gave way--but the underwire always broke long before the brazziere was worn out. That silly underwire might break within two weeks of purchase, which made bra buying a rather expensive deal...but they were the style I LOVED. I haven't seen that type of bra since I can't remember when, and well..where was I--oh yeah, about this bra place in East Lansing....

So I am going there--my sister in law will show me where it is, and I will finally know, with a professional's assist, what my bra size really is...and then I will buy one--maybe two.

Well, hubby is finally awake. Maybe we'll be able to get lots done today, even if it is snowing and blowing and cold and just generally messy outside. I still need those shoes and nylons (not a problem, as I expect I can get both at Meijer's). Must pick up his suit at the cleaners. Iron his shirt and hang it up. Fill the cornstove again and clean it out. Pick up some cat food. Get an Anniversary card for Jeff's sister. It seems like there was something else we needed to do, but it's not coming to me now...oh yes, head over to his mother's again.

I'm going to knit today, and work on Jeff's socks. I wish I had some blue grey to work with to make a pair to match his suit, but there's no way that I could get them done in time for the funeral on Monday, so we'll scratch that idea for now. In the meantime....

Well, the keister is cold on this hard leather chair I use for computering, so I'm going to go over to the cornstove and warm it up. Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments: