Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hubby's Dad Died

And my favorite father in law, yesterday at 6:30. It's almost like he was waiting for me to leave so that he would only have family present...even though a few days ago he said that I *was* one of his kids.

So as you might guess, I'm pretty well grieving--hubby stayed with his mom last night, as did the rest of the children in the family, and I'm sure he was VERY lonely. But I'm awake at 4am, and NOT considering leaving our home until a reasonable hour--I'm doing my regular morning routine, and making a cup of coffee as I write this. Oops! There goes the microwave DING!

I've spent most of the night thinking about how he and Jeff worked so hard to get the upstairs done--including a full week of work on a 30 foot deck that runs the length of the back of our house. I've got his handiwork all over the place...even the shelf where my computer sits was planned and built with the help of Jeff and his father in law. Like I said--his handiwork is everywhere. I just hope that at some point, Jeff will finish the downstairs...

It was a bitterly cold night last night. The house got down to 50, and I could occasionally hear the water pipes knocking downstairs. I left the cornstove at the first setting, which in retrospect was probably not a good idea, but now, it's on the third setting to try to build the temperature inside the house--at least for a while anyway.

My best friend Linda finally came and got my sheep. I had asked her to do so months ago (as in when the weather was NICE and it wouldn't have been a problem to get it arranged...). She came over one evening to feed them for me because I was stuck in town and couldn't get home. She did, and made a decision to take them. Mainly because they have no straw in their barn because I couldn't get in there by myself to do what needed to be done. I feel horrible that I don't have my sheep anymore. It's not like I'll never see them again, and it's for the best right NOW because I am impossibly up to my ears in crying family. Doing little sermonettes for those who are troubled and grieving and suffering with the loss of a very special man.

The card drawn yesterday was the Knight of Swords. Entitled "Change", I took it to mean that there would be no change in his condition other than the downward spiral...Actually, I expected Poppa to go much faster than he did, all things considered.

So this morning, I drew The Lady, Ace of Cups (Spirituality) and Knight of Discs (Husbandry)
All upright and staring me in the face. I'm needed for some spiritual guidance and my husband needs me. I think that about sums it up. I best get going, as it's going on 7am.

Must turn the cornstove down to 2 first, though.

More later.

2 comments:

cici said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you. ((Hugs). I love hearing about your tarot card reading. I am not that good at it.

Tenna Draper said...

Thanks CICI, and maybe you could pray a lot--it's a big family!

Just kidding. No, not really...I think that my husband is taking it the hardest, but as you might guess, he's not showing a bit of it.