Friday, April 16, 2010

Ahhhh...

Okay, it's Saturday. Here's my schedule...

Wake up 6am.
Okay, this is a little flexible--except our dog, Mandy, has good ears. Even when I leave my phone in the car (which is the device I choose instead of the alarm to wake me), she hears it, and starts to whine to be let outdoors to do her business. It's pretty amazing. Then again on the other hand, it could be that she just has a more insistent internal clock.

Let Mandy outside..this one is non-negotiable. She runs straight for the door the second I put my robe on. I put her on her leash and open the door and she is off like a shot. The second her feet hit grass, she's well on her way. A count to six, and she is off to chase the bunnies, then back to take care of #2. She doesn't waste a lot of time with it. It's like a schedule for her, too, I suppose.

Make coffee...again non-negotiable. It's the only thing that keeps me awake. While it's brewing in the nuke (Instant Coffee--bless the person that made instant coffee!), I get Mandy's breakfast ready and set it on the floor. Then I perk my head for her bark--ah yes, there it is..and I let her inside so that she can have her breakfast.

Notice that Mandy gets her breakfast before I get my coffee? Well, I just haven't figured out a way to work it any other way--she is SO FAST! I open the door, and she bolts in with an "I'M HONGREY!" hurry about her and runs into the bathroom to see if I've completed the task (because some mornings, I'm a little slow). This morning, things were right on schedule, though. She attends to her task, as I am finishing making my coffee.

Of course, all at the same time, I am loading the dishwasher. I finish filling it, then I put in the liquid dish washing stuff, and close the door and turn it on. Then I fill the sink for the pots and pans and set them to soak, plus the utensils that wouldn't come clean if I put them in the dishwasher.

Once the dishwasher is filled and running, the pans are soaking, I can finally sit down with my lukewarm cup of coffee, and write this blog. It has taken me only a half hour. I am in fine form this morning. Go figure!

I am nearly to the heel with my toe up socks. After I finish blogging, I will finish up the dishes in the sink, take a shower, and sit down to knit, waiting for my hubby to wake. When he does, things will run much like the first half-hour of my day! Funny how that works out. Instead of the dishwasher, it will be the laundry. Instead of dog food, it might be eggs and bacon, or cereal--dependent on what he's hungry for.

Then it will be off to JoAnn's to demo, and a class at noon.

Lots and lots of knitting time.

When I come home, I change my clothes, and we head for my step-daughter's house for my grandson's birthday. I haven't yet made his present--so I'm thinking that I need to get him something at the store. I have no ideas, so it might take a little bit of shopping around to figure something out.

We'll have cake and ice cream (likely), and find out if my step-daughter has been hired by the company that she's interviewing. Later, sweet-tooth satiated, we'll head for home, and probably fall into bed together, exhausted from it all.

Well, *I* will. I suspect that he will get out the lawn-mower and get the yard mowed at some point while I'm working at JoAnn's. It has grown by leaps and bounds since the weather has been so nice. He has to do something, right? Or he might finish up the paper for his class. Or he might just sit on his collective all day and do nothing, preparing for a wild time this evening.

Frankly, I think he's dreaming about it now.

So that's my day. Don't you wish you were this busy?

1 comment:

Blending Family said...

You do sound like you have your hands full. What's good is it is spent with your loved ones. Hugs! May you continue to have joy as you face the challenges of a blending family.