Sunday, April 25, 2010

On Feeling Better

Ever notice how, when you've been sick, that when you feel better you sometimes feel like going outside and shouting from the rooftops, and then decide you would rather simply go out and conquer the world?

I feel so much improved over yesterday that it's almost weird. I got lots of rest last night--and normal rest, too, none of this sleep until noon stuff. I fell into bed at 11pm, and woke at 7. Things bode well for work tomorrow.

Unless it's work that's making me sick--that could be, too, I suppose. But highly unlikely.

The plan today is to get some breakfast at Denny's and then back to Meisterdecke. I'm to a tremendously boring point, and I want to get past it. Sadly, there was no further work on it yesterday, but today, I feel I could nearly finish it! Well, perhaps not. There are only 125 rounds, which surprises me-I had expected more--at present, on row 47, it's perhaps 30" around stretched out, which isn't very big. I'm beginning to think that it's not a very big doily to begin with, perhaps only 10"--so I'm talking with my friend from Germany to find out. I'm told the original pattern on size 1 needles should block to 42". I'm using a size 4--this thing should be HUGE.

Perhaps I will work on my wave afghan a little today, too. It has been languishing in the wip pile.

I also thought I might take one of my sweaters someday and turn the pullover into a cardi--this will take some thought and some extra yarn. A test of my skill (I hope) for steeking. See, I can maybe take one of my old sweaters and steek it for practice, make a usable cardigan out of it, then finish my Fair Isle Cardigan. Well, it's a thought. We'll shelve it for now, until I can get the "just right" yarn to do the rest of the work.

Well, enough thought for now. I need something to eat. I was hoping that hubby would take me to breakfast, but apparently that's not going to happen, as he is still sawing logs behind me. He mentioned something about not getting to sleep until 3am--well it's 9am, now--for heaven's sake! I've survived on 6 hours of sleep before!

No comments: