Friday, April 9, 2010

Sufficiently Ticked Off!

Today was a bad day at the office.

The ignition switch has gone bad on my car, and fixing will cost at least $140 parts. That means close to $200--even for my step-son to work on it, and I don't have the money-will need to borrow it...and it's not an EASY fix--considering that the ignition is on the dashboard, and hard as cupcakes to get to--let alone fix.

Of course, that all depends on whether he's got TIME to fix it, since he's cavorting with a new girlfriend now. That has all it's own wonderful trappings.

All in all, I am not pleased. It's like I'm being pushed out of my own home. I don't like it. I don't like it one freaking bit.

And it's very possible that I'm going over the top about it, but I just can't have my husband pay for it, and have him "after" me for his money back. That's rather demeaning in itself. He's supposed to be my husband. He's supposed to help take care of me, right? Here he is retired, and I'm working two freaking jobs, and I can't keep my finances straight.

And everything is just coming due now--car insurance, car repairs, propane! Good grief!

So I'm on this strict yarn diet, starting NOW. To help me maintain it, I'm not going to Ravelry again for at least 2 months! I'm talking DRASTIC MEASURES MUST BE TAKEN!

So I will work on Meisterdecke and maybe some other things over the next few months. God knows I have enough stash to last me three lifetimes, not to mention patterns.

So, if I seem a little quiet over the next couple months it's because I'm trying to get it back in order and keep myself satisfied with what I have on hand. It's hard, because there are so many pretty things that catch my eye!!!! What do I do? Cut out my eyes? Don't answer that!

I'll be okay. I'll be okay...breathe...breathe...figure out how to get the money to my step son...yeah that's the ticket...just figure out that much and go from there.

No comments: