Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Just Thinking...

The weekend is coming up fast. I'm thinking that I'm going to relax most of it--simply because

I
Am
So
Exhausted.

It's hard for me to believe, but I didn't sleep well last night--even with the addition of an antihistimine to dry up my running nose, but I think that the cold (that I still have, by the way and thank you very much for asking) is really doing a number on me. Normally, one antihistimine will put me out of my misery. Instead, it's seems it made me jittery--unable to relax and get the rest I need. Tonight, I'm going to bed at 8. I don't care what comes on television. Add to that the fact that I had a very strange "X-Files" type dream just before waking, complete with a different Mulder and Scully, well--it's enough to make you not want to go to bed at all!

On the knitting front, I have two projects going. Meisterdecke is on the needles and I just finished with row 28 in this lovely magenta red, alpaca silk laceweight yarn. It's a little too lightweight, and I'm afraid it won't hold up to a radical blocking. And while the gauge seems fine on the outer ring, the inside is quite ruffly--indicating that I've finally found a workable gauge, but was simply too loose in the early part of the center. I'm afraid that ruffly-ness might not block out. The other project is a pair of socks for Nancy at Double-Ewe--really just finishing up the pair that she nearly had done--perhaps another inch or so of actual knitting on the foot and then the toe, and that's another project done. I'm not exactly sure why she asked me to do them--until I actually got ready to do it, and found out that the previous two rows had to be tinked for a couple of small mistakes. Tinking on magic loop is not a fun thing--but I managed over a couple of hours to take out the pattern row and one of the knit rows. It took me ten minutes to knit it back up. Imagine that?

Then last night, I taught a lace knitting class at JoAnn's. I taught the stitches, then sat down and worked on Nancy's socks. Afterward, I picked up a frew groceries (pop and milk) and then headed home.

It's nearly time for me to leave the house again for work. I'm not finished with my coffee, either. I'm going to have to figure that out! I should get up out of the chair, but I just can't seem to figure out how. Brain simply doesn't want to get in gear and get going!

I'm only slightly congested this morning. Hubby had left the heat on last night--he says he's checking the efficiency of our corn stove for a class project. Frankly, I have no idea what this contraption is that he's hooked up to it, but it takes note of all sorts of strange numbers. I don't know what they mean, and I don't really care. This is our heater, and I think it does a good job for the upstairs. It also runs quite a bit cheaper than propane unless we turn it up on high. Add to that , it's 100% green fuel! It gives off no emissions, and the ash is biodegradable. Not that I spout "green living" by any means, but it's nice to know that our heat, at least is good for the earth.

And with that, I head out. Move, butt, move!

No comments: