Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just Call Me El-Sicko--

I do believe that I have a touch of the flu-I spent the morning paying homage to the porcelain god, and have subsisted on nothing but broth, bread and Diet 7-Up. I can't seem to keep anything down!

I'm managing some knitting, but it's slow going. I'm to row 47 on Meisterdecke. I don't think it's going to be as big as I'd like. I think perhaps I should use a fingering weight yarn, as the lace weight doesn't look like much for my 47 rows. I am getting around easily with my 24" circulars now, which is good. Soon I'll need a longer circular.

I haven't felt much like doing anything today. I had planned to go to Vermontville to watch a parade, dress up and spin, but due to rain and illness, I canceled. It hasn't really rained all that much, but enough to wet things down. It's cold, too. I don't need pneumonia-agreed?

I sent hubby to the corner to buy me a diet Sprite or Diet 7-Up. He came home with a regular Sprite. When I asked why he didn't bring a diet, he claimed that they didn't have any and what's the difference anyway? Since I eat sugar whenever I darned well want to. Apparently, he thinks this bout with the flu is my fault for eating sugar all the time, and not paying attention to my diet. In some ways, he's correct, but I have NEVER drank sugar-soda since I found out I was diabetic. If I eat sugar at all, it's a small amount here and there. I haven't had any actual sugar in DAYS. If I do get sugar at all, it's through the carbs I tend to eat more of--and yes, my weight has bloomed again to 200--

So I had to climb in the car and drive to the corner to trade the Sprite for a Diet 7-Up. I didn't feel like going with him, but I guess I should have--at least it wouldn't have taken 2 trips!

It was nice of him to go for me, but he could have been more astute and realized that he wasn't picking a diet soda. Things like this make me feel so un-cared-for when I am sick. It bothers me that most of the time, I still have to take care of myself, unless I end up in the hospital, in which case he's always right there...except of course, for the time when I had an intestinal flare up--he didn't think I was sick at all, and even scoffed at me, when I told him I was heading for ready-care. I ended up in the hospital for 3 days on antibiotics, which totally screwed up my weekend.

Perhaps I'll take a shower and wash off the creeping crud. If I didn't ache so much, I might actually do it. Or I could go stand in the rain. It's coming down again. I understand it's supposed to rain all weekend.

It's okay, I guess. I'm sick anyway.

No comments: