Thursday, April 22, 2010

Drinking My Latte

I have developed a taste for coffee, but I seriously add a lot of creamer--chocolate/caramel flavored creamer--which makes the coffee seem quite a lot sweeter.

Maybe I should change the above statement to "I've developed a taste for cholate/caramel flavored creamer with a coffee chaser?"

The socks are finished, just weaving in ends today, and then they will be ready to wear.

I used a toe up, figure 8 cast on, a short row heel and jeny's surprisingly stretchy bind off. Everything else was my lace pattern from yesterday, although I did increase 8 stitches on the last inch of rows to make room for the growing calf. I put them on the lace row, in between the k1's of the pattern stitch. So it was

inc1, k1, yo, k1, ssk, k2tog, k1, yo, k1, inc1, k1 yo k1, etc....see?

So I went from 64 sts to 72 in a hurry. I didn't need the extra by the ankle, as the socks go on quite easily, but I knew once I did the bind off, they would choke my leg at the top.

I love long sock legs, and I had lots of yarn left over for darning or monster sox.

So now, weave in the ends (2) and then I can put them on my feet. For now, however, I'll just wear stupid store bought white.

I got my size 4 lace needle from Double Ewe, and now will go back to working on Meisterdecke.
You might not see me for a few days. If I don't come back in a week, call out the militia.

Pictures tonight when the ends are woven in!

No comments: