Friday, April 30, 2010

No Rest for the Weary

Remember the song?

"I couldn't sleep at all last night..."

Yes, well said, my mantra.

Must
Wake
Up.
Must
Get
Dressed.
Must
GoTo
Work.

The only good thing about having to wake up today is that it's Friday, and I can try to sleep in Saturday and Sunday--if my dog will allow it. (Don't worry. She won't allow it. I already know that I'm dreaming.)

Must
Wake
Up.

A friend of mine at the office says that he used a sleep apnea machine and slept better than he had in years--

AT the HOSPITAL.

Now, we all know how noisy hospitals are, right?

He said the machine was quieter than the aquarium he has at home. That sold me.

I'm thinking seriously about calling my doctor and having her prescribe me a sleep study, head in and find out what I already know about my having sleep apnea, and get one of these machines so that, for once, I can get some SLEEP!

In the meanwhile, I've started another pair of socks. I like the pattern, except for the bobble, which is what makes the pattern nice, so it's not like I can get rid of it, but I need to do something to the bobble itself to make it pop up on the right side of the fabric, and I had a tip on that....where did I hide it? Hmm. Will have to hunt a bit tonight for that tidbit, since apparently, I didn't save the email. Go figure. It's probably a tip inside an email that I saved long, long ago. And of course, you can search all you want, but if you didn't save it...well, there you go.

And a quick hunt on the web didn't produce what I need either. I'm doomed.

No comments: