Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Day gone bye bye!

Well, another day has come and gone. I haven't got much to show for it.

I got my network router working (with the assist of my computer Guru, Chris--THANKS!!), and my new printer/copier/scanner is working great. I made a couple copies of some things, and will distribute them at the next Knit Night.

I got some groceries, not much, just enough to get me going again. Made dinner, although it was very late, so hubby made leftovers. I had a PT appointment today--not much to say about that except that it happened. My wrist still isn't right.

I'm knitting anyway.

I stopped in to the LYS to check on some yarn for a Grumperina Hat, up and coming project--although, I might hold off knitting it until next year. I have so many other things I want to accomplish knitting-wise. I'm thinking about copying the pattern for the piggie socks so that I can write all over it--will be much more portable as a piece of paper, rather than the entire book--see?

I completed another hat last night--another unoriginal hat--this one for another soon to be blessed individual in the family, and probably my mother in law. I'm sort of working outward now, the next individual to get a hat will be hubby's son (my step son) from there, his daughter and her husband, and on from there to his brother and sisters and their spouses..being that it takes barely an evening to knit these up, I could conceivably make another 40 before Christmas comes. I've already outfitted my mother and son--and given them their presents because I can't wait to give them once I've made them...call it impatience, I suppose, but giving is fun.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting interested in some of the projects that I've put on hold...the fair isle sweater, the swing sweater, the entrelac sweater just to name a few. But these little short, easy patterns are simply wicked cool!

The fad will fade eventually. I'll go back to making dishcloths or socks or whatever strikes my fancy. I got a pattern for a pumpkin from a friend, and will likely make that next year around autumn time.

Otherwise, I'm happy and feeling pretty good the last few hours. I still have one day left to have fun, and then I go back to the office on Wednesday.

We all know what that means, don't we?

No comments: