Thursday, November 6, 2008

Got sick, got sick, got sick just now...

That was part of a camp song, entitled "Found a Peanut".

But I did get sick today. For one, I took my diabetes medication like the bottle said to do, ate breakfast of egg/sausage and one slice of Hillbilly toast and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and promised myself to buy a banana at the office.

But I forgot about the banana once I got involved with work, so at 11am, my body started telling me "it's time to EAT", only it wasn't time to eat yet. And my body was saying "MUST have FOOD", and I started to sweat. Brain started saying "tummy said HUNGRY, don't you listen?" and then tummy said "You're gonna be SICK of you don't give me some FOOD, and RIGHT NOW!"

I called my doctor because Kroger's couldn't put my meter and testing supplies on my Express Scripts--and told me I'd have to go to a Medical Supply Store. Doctor was with a patient, and because I do believe the world revolves around me, and because I was not in my right mind, I told the receptionist that "okay, then, if I DIE, it'll be on you, won't it?" and hung up.

I listened, and got the banana, in hopes of tiding tummy over until actual lunch time, but tummy was having nothing to do with it--

"You call that food?"

I was instantly nauseous. I got up, collected purse and coat, and headed to the medical supply store and got my meter and testing supplies. Unfortunately, I was not in my right mind, and only listening to my tummy tell me things I did not want to hear--like, "You're gonna die, right here, right now, because you're not paying attention!"

So I didn't test myself to see if I was seriously LOW--but I believe I was.

I drove to Quizno's and got a sub sandwich--I only ate half, and by the time I got to my PT, I was still a little wiped out, but otherwise, I was fine.

A few hours later, I tested myself. It took a while to find the right setting for the sticker--but I finally did, and click, little bit o blood, and on the test strip, and wait...wait..

384.

And I had wheat bread for the sandwich too.

There wasn't anything else in the sandwich that could spike my sugar, so apparently, I either can't have bananas or I can't have wheat bread. Which is too bad, because I love both.

So I'm waiting until dinner time, and will check my sugar just before I take my first bite, to see what level I'm at--it will be at least 6 hours after my last food, so I'm expecting it to be lower, but not by much, as I haven't really done anything for exercise.

So, that's about it...of course, my boss knows nothing of my feeling so sick--that's how out of it I was. So I'll have to explain things tomorrow and hope that I don't...

get sick
Again.

Ever
Because I'm tired of not feeling well.

No comments: